Thursday, September 8, 2011

With that off my mind....here is what I've been up to!

Cyricx successfully built me a fire hoop!  And I have been (more or less) successfully spinning it!  I have gotten more burns this last weekend alone than I ever have from the last 4 years of fire spinning combined, but the hoop is awesome so it's worth it! It's like Cyricx says...it's when you play with the stupid amounts of fire that you get burned.  And yeah, the hoop is a stupid amount of fire! (I say that with all the happiness possible though!)
Photo by Kimberly Pugh.
 Photo by Noelle Cash Konsbruck.

Cyricx and I have also turned "Duile Teine: The Dancing Flames" into "Tricks of the Light."  Our current show set focuses on our amusing but passionate relationship.  At our last First Friday show in KC, Pseudography Image Forge once again proved his talent and skill with the camera by capturing the essence of the show:
 
Photo by Pseudography Image Forge.  

Introducing the characters....I am Viollca, sexy warrior woman!

Photo by Pseudography Image Forge.

Cyricx is the wielder of the Trinity Staff.
Photo by Pseudography Image Forge.
And we lead a pretty interesting life!  Our relationship is a lot of Cyricx being mischievous and getting himself in trouble, while I roll my eyes and prove myself to be his equal, both in wit and with fire.
Photo by Pseudography Image Forge.

But everything doesn't always go so well...sometimes there are difficult moments.  Our newest piece, to Shinedown's "Call Me," is more intricate and emotional than anything we've written before.  It tells the story of two people who have tried and tried to make the relationship work, but just can't do it anymore.  It was our challenge to ourselves, as a perfectly happy married couple, to write a breakup piece!
Photo by Pseudography Image Forge.

But how does the story end?  You'll just have to see the show to find out...